Nate Sheets is behavior consultant and trainer who works throughout the entire state of Oregon. He specializes in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD).
Nate strives to make his work with families practical and understandable, and distinguishes his Behavior Support Plans by making them interactive and graphical. He regularly works in the Willamette Valley, in Marion, Clackamas, Multnomah, Lane, Linn, Lincoln, Polk, and Yamhill counties. Consultation in other counties and states is possible.
Nate is invited to speak at conferences and has been invited to conduct trainings by organizations such as Swindells Resource Center (Providence Health) and Yamhill County Mental Helath. These trainings are available to anyone, regardless of state or country (just contact us!)
Nate is passionate in providing support to families, agencies, and schools who work with youth and adults with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and drug affects. FASD is a unique disability that differs from all others, and can present some of the most emotionally difficult challenges for families. Many parents are frustrated with professionals and experts who provide little in the way of practical, affordable solutions--Nate's goal is to change that!
Together, we will work together to try and dig deeper into behaviors and find solutions that work! If you would like to contact Nate, please click here.
2008-2013: Developmental Disability case manager, skills trainer, and behavior specialist with Albertina Kerr Centers (Foster Care) , Portland, OR
- 2013-2014: Behavior Consultant with RISE Services, Salem OR
- 2014-Current: Owner, Behavior Consultant at Oregon Behavior Consultation, Salem, OR
- Extensive experience with Collaborative Problem Solving, as well as independently adjusting or explaining the CPS concepts for a DD population, specifically for Autistic people and those with FASD
- Current OIS instructor--requires intensive training, co-teachings, solo evaluation, and monitoring by the Oregon Intervention System staff and steering committee
- FETAL ALCOHOL & OTHER NEUROBEHAVIORAL CONDITIONS: Understanding & Application of a Brain-Based Approach A Three-Day Workshop for Parents and Professionals (FASCETS) Intensive training with a facilitator of the FASCETS Neurobehavioral Model, trained by Diane Malbin (Diane is considered to be one of the top FASD educators in the country!)
- Person-Centered Planning Training with Oregon Technical Assistance Corporation
- Ongoing FASD training and webinars by various organizations
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (BBA) from Warner Pacific College, Portland, OR
- Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA)
Note: I am extremely honored to have been taught by children and adults with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and other developmental disabilities for the past decade, having completed my degree in an unrelated field. I also have been heavily influenced by the books and trainings for Dr. Ross Greene (www.livesinthebalance.org), Diane Malbin (www.fascets.org), as well as many neuroscientists and researchers whose work I always try to credit and use as a foundation for my suggestions for individuals with FASDs. It is very important to me to be accurate, and yet present things in ways that are engaging, entertaining, and easily understood. I am always open to suggestions or corrections to any of my work, including behavior plans, functional assessments, videos, or trainings. Please contact me through this website to leave me your feedback!